Thursday, November 27, 2008

Konbini Lunch

lunch counter of convenience storeWe usually call convenience store "KONBINI".
"Konbini Lunch" is a important item for convenience store in Japan.

onigiriPhoto above is Onigiri.
It is called "rice ball" in English, but usually it isn't ball shaped.
I think Konbini-Onigiri is smaller than average homemade onigiri.
But Konbini-Onigiri has beautiful shape.


makizushi and inarizushi These are Makizushi and Inarizushi.
Makizushi is a rolled sushi.
Inarizushi is a pouch of deep-fried tofu(bean curd) stuffed with sushi rice.

bentoThese are Konbini-Bento.
Bento means packed box lumch.
I think average Konbini-Bento is oily in comparison with average homemade bento.
But it might good for young people.

5 comments:

SandraD. said...

Inarizushi! My favorite. I take it for lunch in my bento every week. It am happy to see one of my favorite foods on a store shelf in Japan.

Dawn Newsome said...

Is this food good, Nobu? I think your convenience store must be different than here.
Dawn

Hilda said...

The only thing I haven't tried here is the Inarizushi. I haven't seen this one yet.

When I visited my sister in Tokyo a few years ago, we always packed Onigiri for quick lunches and snacks. I found the packaging fantastic because the nori wasn't touching the rice in the pack, but when you opened it, it rolled itself around the rice. Ingenious!

valeria said...

It would be nice to have a cute little shop selling these japanese foods... I understand they are normal plates, something people make at home every day? So yummy Nobu!
So far, we only have a few japanese restaurant but I have the impression they don't have this type of "homey" food...

Ayie said...

Thanks for sharing these pictures. I learned more of the meals there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...