Funabashi shrine is a shinto shrine located in funabashi-city.
They say that the origin of the shrine was in AD 110.
The shrine is appears in "Nihon sandai jitsuroku" ("The True Records of Three Generation") which is Japanese national chronicle compleated 901.
Photo above is front approch to the main shrine or the outer shrine.
This is a "Komainu", a guardian dog.
Photo above is rear approch to the main shrine or the outer shrine.
Photo above is the main shrine.
The shrine was burn down by the battle in funabashi of Boshin war(1868-1869) .
But rebuilt in 1873.
In the precinct of the shrine is usually calm.
We pray infront of the outer shrine.
The shrine is worsihped by the folks of funabashi and suround.
Photo above is "Dohyo" in the precinct of the shrine.
"Dohyo" is a ring in which Sumo wrestling bouts are held.
Funabashi-Daijingu ( Funabashi Shrine )
5-2-1, Miyamoto, Funabashi, Chiba-prefecture
Daijingu-shita station Keisei-line (Keisei electric railway) by walking 3 minute
Funabashi station Sobu-line (East Japan railway) by walking 15 minute