Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pocky

pocky Pocky is a long seller Japanese snack.
It has been put on market since 1966 by Ezaki Glico company that is a Japanese food maker.
Pocky is a biscuit stick coated with chocolate.

Name "Pocky" is come from a onomatopoie word, "pokkin" that is a sound of breaking something narrow and long.
Photo below is strawberry pocky.

strawberry pocky By the way, the other day I found a nice story about pocky in internet.
It is The Sweetest Pocky written by an autstralian who lives in Japan.

5 comments:

SandraD. said...

I do love pocky. They are just the right size and sweetness. I like to take them to parties, people always ask what they are and where did I get them. This brings me to the fact that my local Japanese store is closing. I am so sad. I will have to travel far to get bento items and Japanese grocery things. I cried when I found out.

Dawn Newsome said...

Looks (and sounds) delicious!
I think it's interesting that you would know a word like onomotapaiea. Your English is good.
Dawn

valeria said...

I am intrigued by the onomatopeic word! Italian language, which is old and complex, does't have a word for the sound of something narrow and long that breaks. Fascinating.
I liked the story on the link. I am going to pay a visit to the Gajin!

Saretta said...

Japanese has so many onomatopiac words and they are fun to learn! My favorite, of course, is "sarasara"!

tr3nta said...

Looks good!!!

does it tastes good???? :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...